@rdiff-backup is the current maintainer of rdiff-backup.
Project Lead / Maintainer History:
- From August 2019 onwards the main driver for the project is Eric L. supported by Seravo.
- Sol1 took over stewardship of rdiff-backup from February 2016.
- Edward Ned Harvey, maintainer 2012 to 2016
- Andrew Ferguson, maintainer 2008 to 2012
- Dean Gaudet, maintainer 2006 to 2007
- Ben Escoto, original author, maintainer 2001 to 2005.
Other code contributors are:
- Daniel Hazelbaker, who contributed Mac OS X resource fork support. (July 2003)
- Dean Gaudet, for checking in many patches, and for finding and fixing many bugs.
- Andrew Ferguson, for improving Mac OS X support and fixing many user-reported bugs.
- Josh Nisly, for contributing native Windows support. (June 2008)
- Fred Gansevles, for contributing Windows ACLs support. (July 2008)
Thanks also to:
- The Free Software Foundation, for previously hosting the rdiff-backup project via their Savannah system.
- Andrew Tridgell and Martin Pool for writing rdiff, and also for rsync, which gave Ben Escoto the idea
- Martin Pool and Donovan Baarda for their work on librsync, which rdiff-backup needs.
- Michael Friedlander for initially acting interested in the idea and giving me accounts for testing
- Lots of people on the mailing list for their helpful comments, advice, and patches, particularly Alberto Accomazzi, Donovan Baarda, Jeb Campbell, Greg Freemyer, Jamie Heilman, Marc Dyksterhouse, and Ralph Lehmann.